Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hi

I set my blog up sometime ago but never actually got around to doing anything with it. However, I've decided it's time to put fingers to keyboard and post something.

The title of my blog is 'keep fit simple' because I believe too many do not really enjoy their keep fit or exercise regime and therefore do not get the best from it. I'm an Alexander Technique teacher with an interest in sports performance. I see around 25 people a week who come for lessons and many of these feel obliged to go to the gym or swim 24 lengths etc just to stay in shape. When I ask them if they actually enjoy it they usually reply that they "feel better afterwards" but don't get much enjoyment from the activity.

I think this is a great shame and encourage people to try something different or more exciting to stay in shape. For instance, get a few mates together and go down the park and play football, rounders or some other team game. This is great fun, can be competitive, but will still work every muscle in your body plus its also a good cardio-vascular workout.

I enjoy running and there are ways to make this both challenging and enjoyable. I meet too many people who have taking it up feeling obliged to keep fit but sadly derive no pleasure from it or find it hard work and give up.

Part of the problem is that we see these activities as 'physical' and often switch off the thinking parts, effectively splitting ourselves in two. I found using techniques I learnt with the Alexander Technique helped to add so much more to my activities that make it far more than just physical activity.

My website is www.fitness-programs-for-life.com and I have written quite a few articles about this aspect of training and keep fit activities.

1 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

diane sabarkantha sciele crore dares researcher krkasz relocation mark meccas mobilization
lolikneri havaqatsu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home